The Bourgogne Hautes-Côtes de Nuits overlooks the Côte de Nuits to the west of the woods of Corton above Gevrey-Chambertin. The vineyards are located between 300 and 400 metres above sea level.
Traditional vinification in thermos-regulated stainless steel vats on a 3 weeks period: Cold pre-fermentation maceration around 8° C. Pigeages and pumping over to extract colour and structure. Fermentation with a peak temperature around 30° C. Post fermentation maceration at 25° C. Ageing is between 8 to 16 months with malolactic fermentation. A part of the wine is aged in oak barrels (30%), the other part in stainless steel vats (70%). 20% of the barrels are new oak.
The soil consists of limestone containing some marl and clay.
Aromas of fresh red fruit (raspberry, cherry, blackcurrant) but also hints of liquorice and roasted coffee. On the palate, the tannins are round, with body and a firm and precise structure. A little acidity brings freshness and finesse on the finish and supports the aromatic intensity.
A rounded wine, ideal for white meats such as rabbit but also lamb and duck, and grilled meats. Surprisingly good with sweet and sour or slightly spicy dishes (duck with orange sauce). Moderately strong cheeses also work well such as: Camembert, Saint Paulin, Morbier, Reblochon.
The technical information on this wine is correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. This information may be subject to change according to vintage
Be the first to Write a Review for this item!