Wine Poole.co.uk treats personal information with the utmost respect and confidentiality
Our contact promise is a summary of how we look after your personal data
We collect, use and store your personal data so that we can offer you the products and services you expect from us. We see your personal data as just that: it's yours. So we will always be clear and upfront with you about what we do with your personal data, and (of course) you have control over it.
We collect your personal data for three main reasons:
- To process any orders you make and to deliver those orders to you.
- To send you information about special offers, future tastings and events.
- That you can control the personal data you provide us with and that we will always be transparent about how we collect and use it.
- We will always tell you what personal data we are collecting from you, the means by which we will collect it and how we will use it. We will only use your personal data for the purposes we originally told you about.
- We will always use market-leading technology and software to ensure that your personal data is secure and when we ask another organisation to provide services to us which involve sharing your personal data with them, we will always make sure they have appropriate security measures
- We will send you marketing communications as we believe we have a legitimate interest in doing so; however, we will always offer you a clear and simple means of changing your preferences whenever you want to (including when you first become a customer).
- We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential
- l requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase
What information do we collect.
- Your name, postal billing and delivery addresses (which would include the addresses of any family or friends you choose to send wine to); your telephone number(s), including, if you provide it, your mobile number; and your email address
- Purchases and orders made by you
- Your payment card details (which we encrypt) when you purchase our products or services, which are held by our payment agent Sage Pay. Click the following link for further information https://www.sagepay.co.uk/policies/privacy-policy
- When you set up an account with us, your password (which we encrypt) and your marketing preferences
- Your wine preferences, favourites, ratings and reviews
- Your on-line browsing history on our website
- Your correspondence with us
- We use a technology called "cookies" as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. A cookie is an element of data that our website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings.
We may update this policy from time to time to take account of any new business activity or to reflect any changes in law or best practice in relation to data protection. We will notify you if we do so.
This policy was last updated May 2018 to comply with the recent changes to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Wine Poole Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org