San Marzano 62 Anniversario Primitivo di Manduria Riserva - Magnum


San Marzano 62 Anniversario Primitivo di Manduria Riserva - Magnum

Our Price:  £55.54Earn 55 Loyalty Points




Producer note

In 1962, 19 vine growers from San Marzano, whose families had farmed the land for generations, combined their efforts to establish 'Cantine San Marzano'. Through the decades this cooperative has grown significantly, attracting over 1200 vine growers, using modern and technologically advanced plants and producing elegant wines without forgetting the obligation to the very old Apulian wine tradition. Nowadays the melding of time honoured tradition, passion and sensibility with contemporary techniques enables this winery to produce wines with distinctive varietals and regional characters, marvellously reflecting individual attention, seasonal variation and local terroir.

Vineyard note

Very old vineyards selected in San Marzano and Sava. The soil is mainly red with a fine texture and generally calcareous with few emerging rocks. The well-known redness of these soils is due to the presence of iron oxides. The climate is characterised by high temperatures all year round, very little rainfall and a wide temperature range between night and day, which has a positive influence on the quality of the grapes. This is the central area of D.O.P. "Primitivo di Manduria"


Grapes are hand-harvested in an advanced status of ripening. Maceration: 18 days for 80% of the must, 25 days for the remaining 20%. Thermo-controlled alcoholic fermentation with yeasts at 24-26°C.


Primitivo 100%

Food match

Red meat, game, savoury first courses.


International Wine Challenge, Silver, 2014; Sommelier Wine Awards , Silver, 2014

Producer:  San Marzano
Grape Varieties:  Primitivo
Optimum Drinking:  Within 8 years
Wine Style:  Heavy intense robust red
Alcohol by Volume:  14.5%
Closure:  Natural Cork
Country:  Italy
Style / Colour:  Red
Magnum / Half Bottle:  Magnum

Customer Reviews

Be the first to Write a Review for this item!