Home > BY STYLE / COLOUR > White Wines
(Details shown apply to the default selection)
Producer: Chateau de TracyGrape Varieties: Sauvignon Blanc 100%Optimum Drinking: Within 8 yearsWine Style: Rich powerful dry whiteAlcohol by Volume: 13%Closure: Natural CorkCountry: France
Full, crisp attack with underlying power and richness. The mid palate has a good structure which enhances the freshness, the fullness and power, giving a slightly tannic sensation. The final flavour is rich and appetising with great length ending on slightly roasted notes.
The first members of the noble Stutt family in France came from Scotland in the fifteenth century to help the future King Charles VII of France during the Hundred Years War. In 1586, by way of marriage, the family inherited Château de Tracy. The Chateau is still family owned and cultivated today under the leadership of the Comte Henry d'Estutt d'Assay. An organic approach to viticulture is followed but the Château is not certified as being organic. No pesticides are used, yields are kept very low and strict canopy management is used.
This wine is produced from high-density vines (17,000 vines per hectare; the standard density for the appellation is 7,000 vines per hectare). There is more competition between the vines and each plant bears a maximum of two to three bunches leading to greater concentration.
Skin maceration with a slow, gentle pressing to produce the highest quality juice. 85% of the wine was matured for one year in stainless steel vats, with regular stirring of the lees (bâtonnage). The remaining 15% was fermented and aged in oak barrels. The two wines were then blended and matured for a further year.
Chilled as an aperitif or to accompany fish dishes such as sole, salmon or trout.
Sauvignon Blanc 100%
Be the first to Write a Review for this item!
Echeverria Unwooded Chardonnay Reserva 2017£8.60
Gavi del Comune di Gavi 'Nuovo Quadro' 2017£12.25