Home > BY STYLE / COLOUR > Red Wines
(Details shown apply to the default selection)
Producer: Paringa EstateGrape Varieties: 100% Pinot NoirOptimum Drinking: Within 6 yearsWine Style: Bright fruity mid weight redAlcohol by Volume: 13.5%Country: Australia
A muscular and appealing style of Pinot Noir. The chunky wild cherry and rasberry imbued fruit on the palate are supported by smooth tannins and a lovely long finish.
A very bright and appealing style of Pinot Noir. The wild cherry and raspberry imbued fruit on the palate are supported by smooth tannins and a lovely vibrant finish.
Located in the heart of Victoria’s beautiful Mornington Peninsula, Paringa Estate was founded in 1984 by Lindsay McCall when he purchased a derelict orchard. Lindsay’s passion and fascination with wine began in the mid 1970s and by the mid 1980s he decided to follow his dream by establishing Paringa Estate. The first vintage was in 1988 with just three tonnes of fruit and over the years it has grown considerably, with production now at 16,000 cases. Paringa Estate is one of the most highly awarded boutique wineries in Australia, regularly winning trophies for its Shiraz, Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. The collection includes a stunning and precise Pinot Gris, as Lindsay says anywhere capable of growing great Pinot Noir should be capable of growing great Pinot Gris. The wines pay homage to Burgundy in style and James Halliday says Paringa Estate is “one of the best, if not the best, wineries on the Peninsula”.
The Mornington Peninsula had a very cool spring and some poor fruit set, but temperatures warmed up just in time. A mild summer overall, with yields close to long term average. Chardonnay and Pinot Noir are excellent, making this one of the best vintages of the past five years.
This is a Mornington Peninsula regional wine with fruit taken from Estate managed Pinot Noir blocks, which accounts for approximately 60% of the final wine, with the remaining 40% being sourced from a number of contracted growers. The grapes come from some warmer sites in the lower part of the region and also from cooler sites which are located at a higher altitude, providing complexity and a layered dimension to the resulting wine.
The grapes were 100% de-stemmed prior to vinification. The fruit was then fermented in two tonne open fermenters and spent an average of 21 days on its skins. The wine was matured on its lees in French oak barriques, for a period of 11 months.
A fantastic wine to pair with monkfish with pancetta or a light Indian curry such as a Korma.
Pinot Noir 100%
Be the first to Write a Review for this item!
Cotes du Rhone Villages Cairanne, La Cote Sauvage 2015 - Magnum£27.95
Los Haroldos Chacabuco Malbec 2018£8.85